Fimo bead tutorial
These directions will give you 48 gumball sized beads.
1. Use ultramarine blue, green, and white polymer clay. Mix the colors together in equal portions. Variation in portions will give you different shades of torquoise. This will give you the african green look.
2. Divide the clay into 48 equal pieces. You can roll the pieces into balls as I have done here to compare their size.
3. Make one bead at a time by first cutting a piece up into little bits of different sizes.
4. Then take those pieces and gently roll them together in your hand into your desired shape. This will create the veining. If you do not like the way the veins have turned out, simply cut it back up and do it again. Push a toothpick through the center for threading later. Smooth edges. Repeat for other beads. Bake following directions on package.
5. After baking, let beads cool. One at a time coat a bead with brown oxide craft paint, pushing paint into veins. Using a paper towel wipe paint off the surface of the bead, leaving the paint in the veins. Repeat for other beads, let dry.
6. Optional: Coat with glossy or matte polymer clay glaze.
Have fun and let me know how yours turn out.