Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bleach Pen T-shirts

There is already a fabulous tutorial at Deborah's site. But since I am so gosh darn obsessed with bleach pen goodness AND I know YOU will want all your tutorials in one place, I made a quick one up for you with some extra images of what my sister made.

What you need:

A t-shirt

bleach pen

an old magazine

a design

a sink

a washer

1. I use Target's mossimo Tee's that are (I think) 95% cotton/5% spandex. Place one or two magazines inside the shirt directly under where you will be making your image. Pick an image that is not toodetails (the bleach does bleed a little.)Transfer your design using a pencil especially made for this (if you need to.) You can usually find them anywhere they sell sewing supplies. I was inspired by this image posted by Abby.


2. Draw your image onto the tee using the fine tip side of the bleach pen. Be careful of:

popping bubbles

splatters

your own dang hand!



3. With some material the tee begins to lighten immediately, others you may have to wait up to 30 minutes. After the image has appeared CAREFULLY and QUICKLY rinse the bleach from the tee in the sink with cold water. I have had problems with bleach transfering to other parts of the shirt. After it is rinsed throw it in the washer to wash and then the dryer to dry (ha ha)

4. Wear it proudly!









The robot one I did at the request of C-bug

4 Comments:

Blogger joy madison said...

moki these are friggin amazing!!!! sooooooo cute! I want to make something right now....maybe I will!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Another awesome idea, especially since half of my colored t-shirts are ruined with bleach spots anyway. Now it can look like something done on purpose!

11:15 AM  
Blogger abbytrysagain said...

This is really cool. I love the tree one and I LOVE the robot! You are great!

11:25 AM  
Blogger meekone said...

Hey there! Like your idea - but can't get the pics of the bleach pen tshirts. Can you send them to me?

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home